TU41 NEW CHAPTER TO DO LIST:
1) Obtain a local phone number and mailing address that will be used for all communications.
2) Conduct at least one major fundraising event during the calendar year. (Chapters do not need to open their own bank accounts. TU41 will provide a “user friendly” payment request form.)
3) Prepare and submit an with your ideas and how you hope to accomplish them; including fundraisers, outreach and educational activities. This Game Plan will be renewed for the beginning of each fiscal year or within 30 days of a new chapter being accepted. (Our National TU41 staff will assist you with this process)
4) Prepare and submit monthly reports with your chapter’s activities and accomplishments during the previous month. This report will also include the upcoming month’s plans and goals. If no updates are received and/or a leader is unresponsive to emails for 60 days, the Chapter will be considered defunct and all Chapter funds will be forfeited to Team Up For 1.
5) Submit a Fundraiser Application 45 days in advance for approval for any event that will be using the Team Up For 1 name that will have any fundraising / money exchange.
6) Submit all contracts valued at $500 or more for TU41 to a TU41 staff member for review and approval at least 30 days prior to contract deadline.
7) Participate in monthly TU41 leadership / staff conference calls.
8) Present itself professionally when doing business for Team Up For 1 and will follow all rules and guidelines that are found in the TU41 Chapter Handbook.
9) Have all communications using the TU41 letter-head reviewed and approved by a Team Up For 1 staff member.
10) Use only official logos approved by TU41.
11) Complete & Submit a within 14 days after an event.
12) Submit an event materials list that is needed and distributed by the Chapter for review and approved in advance by Team Up For 1.
13) Agree that all TU41 staff and volunteers will give out medical advice of any kind.
14) Provide administrative access to Team Up For 1 staff for all chapter-managed social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
WHAT TU41 WILL DO FOR YOUR CHAPTER
1. Review all applications for Starting a Chapter within 14 days of submission
2. Provide initial and ongoing training/support on a timely basis.
3. Provide TU41 email addresses to your chapter leader(s).
4. Provide Chapter Leader(s) with business cards.
5. Provide an electronic logo to affix to email correspondence.
6. Supply reasonable quantities* of educational and other materials in support of events.
7. Provide seventy percent (70%) of proceeds from local chapter fundraising events to the chapters for use in growing their local agenda.
8. Review and sign all contracts valued at $500 or more within 14 days of submission.
9. Provide reports of all financial activities within 14 days of request – !
10. Pay bills submitted by Chapter within 14 days of submission and approval by TU41 staff. *(Only bills associated with a pre-approved event will be paid.)
11. Manage state licensing for each TU41 Chapter.
12. Complete an annual review with feedback based on the annual Plan of Action to be submitted.
13. Execute an annual review with feedback will be completed based on the annual Plan of Action to be submitted.
*Reasonable quantities to be decided by Team Up For 1 staff based on your chapter’s previous experience, the plan submitted and supplies available on hand.
TU41 CHAPTER CODE OF CONDUCT:
Team Up For 1 Chapter leaders must adhere to the Team Up For 1 Code of Conduct. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in immediate termination of a Member’s participation in the Team Up For 1 community as well as use of the website and any related services.
1.Always speak accurately and truthfully.
2.Always disclose your relationship with Team Up For 1 and your participation in any Team Up For 1 program.
3.Always allow others to form their own honest opinions based on information you have shared.
4.Always respect the privacy of participants. Never disclose the personally identifiable health information or other private information.
5.Never involve a child under the age of 18 in any Team Up For 1 Program without direct participation of their parent or legal guardian.
CLICK ON THE ICON TO DOWNLOAD THE CHAPTER GUIDELINES:
TEAM UP FOR 1 (TU41) NEW CHAPTER APPLICATION:
First Name: ________________________ Last ______________________
Mailing Address: _____________________
City: ______________________________ State _______ Zip ________
Home Phone: _______________________
Cell Phone: _________________________
Email Address: ______________________
How did you hear about Team Up For 1?
Why do you want to be a chapter leader?
What is your experience with Pediatric Diseases?
What are your ideas for what you can do with your chapter?
How many people have you recruited or intend to recruit to assist you with the chapter:
Questions you may have for Team Up For 1:
I acknowledge that I have read the document “Starting a Team Up For 1 Chapter” and accept the outlined responsibilities of a Chapter Leader and the NCCC Code of Conduct.
First Name: _________________________ Last Name: ________________________
Address_____________________________ State ________ Zip _________
Signature ____________________________ Date ________
Print Name __________________________
RETURN APPLICATION TO:
Team Up For 1 Foundation
PO Box 41, Stevenson, MD 21153